Friday, April 6, 2012

Extra Credit

My dad and I went to the Science and Engineering expo on March 24 at Petco Park. We went to different booths and talked a little bit about careers with scientists and engineers. We talked with two biologists about their jobs and what degrees they got. We saw many cool demonstrations.
This was a demo of how proteins in my body.

This was a cool flight simulator that I did.

This board explained how polymers work and how they make a basketball bounce.

In this picture I made a bouncy substance out of glue and Borax.
Sapphire Energy is a company that turns algae, carbon dioxide, and sunlight into renewable fuel. The company had a booth at the fair. The company uses algae because it's a renewable energy source and is commonly found in ponds that get a lot of sunlight. The picture above is algae that the company uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment